Tag Archives: change
I think I have learn more about myself and what I want to do in the future in this PR class than I have about Public Relations. I have gone from not knowing what I want to do career-wise to an interest in PR to being set on PR to thinking maybe PR isn’t my thing to being pretty sure I don’t want to do PR (at least a typical PR job) all in 1 semester. I do love and appreciate the PR world and career path, but I don’t believe it is the right path for me. So here is another update on what I am thinking and what plans I am making that will probably change more than a few times.
Plans/goals for the end of 2011:
1) Land an internship with Make-A-Wish Foundation for spring 2012. (I had my first big kid interview today with them, and I am praying I get the internship in their Wish Department. This is the type of career I am leaning towards in the future: an organization and mission I believe in and a job that will allow me to use my strengths in and passions for organization, finding silver linings, and serving others more than myself.)
2) Contact representatives regarding with two potential summer internships opportunities
3) Actually make something I found on Pinterest
Plans/goals for the end of my junior year:
1) Complete an internship and have experience in non-profit work.
2) Acquire a new skill in photography, design, or technology
3) Try not to freak out about the car payment I am supposed to be paying with all the money I’ve been making in my unpaid internship.
Plans/goals for after college:
1) Find a job that I look forward to going to everyday
2) Be willing and able to adapt to all my plans changing